Check it out...
NOTE: This is a checklist and anytime you accomplish a task...tick it!
SO YOU WANT SOME PRACTICAL CHRISTIANITY?
1 Timothy 1:5
Now the purpose of this charge is love from a pure heart, a good conscience and a sincere faith…
Think about that verse for a minute. Chew it up, swallow it, and digest it.
The charge of Christianity is more than speaking Christianese as Harry says.
Here’s a weekly schedule of what you can do to be much more real. Tick it off as the days go by and watch yourself become less of An Andolasian* and into the real world!
SUNDAY - Go to church and make friends with someone new that sits beside you!
- Be kind to a parent or visitor by calling their ward personally, especially if its 400 floor. (and yes this includes boyfriends looking for chicks and vice versa)
- Go out of your way to be nice to a floormate you’ve never talked to.
- Find your hall rep, class rep, floor rep, council chairman and say well done (this is so weird!)
MONDAY – have you told Mr. Wogu congratulations?
- Paint your roommates toenails and totally pamper her (trust me the rest of the week will be free indomie for you!)
- Complement people (boys please do not flatter or “whine”); this includes strangers
- Pay real attention in class (for once, sweetie!).
TUESDAY- help a lecturer carry his stuff into class (and yes, this includes those who come 1 hour late)
- Choose a Bible mentor and read something about him or her (mine is David.)
- Say hi to a complete stranger (here crushes are included, so this should be fun!)
- Give something you rilli want for yourself to someone who rilli needs it.
WEDNESDAY – tutor someone who doesn’t understand.
Go to caf for someone (if you can, buy them lunch! And this doesn’t include taking a girl out!)
- Take out time to study the bible for an hour and write down all you’ve read (try Leviticus first..lol! J)
- Help stack up chairs or arrange chairs after cell fellowship (please come)
THURSDAY – visit another YWAP member and talk about your day.
- Look for someone you don’t like and like them.
- Buy a birthday present or card for someone this week
- Pray for anyone you think that needs prayer write it down somewhere and when a reply comes tick it off (this is great!)
FRIDAY- consciously make an effort to speak positively.
- Take out time to listen to what people are saying not rushing to say something of your own.
- Read a verse from Proverbs and think about it.
- Arrange your room and do not gloat about it to your roomies.
SATURDAY – do your devotion, pray and worship (even if all this takes just 5 minutes! Lol J)
- Make someone’s Saturday, buy someone free lunch.
- Write a list like this for next week.
*Andolasian: someone from the cartoon world. If you haven’t watched Enchanted add it to your list! And guys, really, this could improve your game!